Anyone with an Apple network:
I'm having a problem I haven't had for the last two years.  Here's the
scenario:
I image up a laptop for a kid, enter his machine record (Ethernet MAC
address) into WGM and put that computer into the proper management
groups.Everything works dandy, laptop getting proper management, ARD
interacting properly with the laptop.Then, something goes wrong with that
laptop, and I need to give him a loaner.I remove the computer record for
the old laptop from WGM, create a new one for the new machine, put it in
the proper management groups, and image a new machine for him.Now, although
the kid can login and sync, and management is working fine, ARD refuses to
interact with the new laptop at all.  It shows up in the list under
Scanner, but if I double-click on it, absolutely nothing happens.
Sometimes the laptop shows as offline with a black icon, even though it's
running and on the network.  If I do a Get Info on that laptop, there is no
Login and Password shown in the Info screen.
The two laptops had the exact same image, both deployed with Casper.  This
has happened in every case where a person has had to switch laptops.  After
the switch, I can't access the machine through ARD.  Something about DNS I
don't understand, perhaps?

---
Timothy A. Limbert
Technology Coordinator
Newell-Fonda CSD
 712.272.3324
---
http://newell-fondatech.blogspot.com
Twitter: limbert65

Onverse avatar SurdeahP
Onverse address Metroview Penthouse 15, house #1.