From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of Koenck, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:00 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] AUP Violations

Just curious what other districts are doing for students who violate AUP's. Do
you have a 1st Violation, 2nd Violation, 3rd Violation set of consequences as a
minumum punsihment? Or is it "punishment fits the crime" and is unique in every
case? This is especially tough for us 1:1 schools and I would like to hear how
you are handling these incidences.

For instance, we have high school kids who know they are being monitored, but
still decide to type "F*** this school" in a Google search. I would like to
kick the kid off the internet for a while for something like that. But in a
school system that is so integrated with technology, it is tough to enforce the
rules and make teachers have to provide alternate plans for student who cannot
access technology.

Thoughts...

Chris Koenck
Director of Technology