NYC: 8:46 - 9:03 - 9:59 - 10:29
DC: 9:30

The Gettysburg Address
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
November 19, 1863

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a
new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men
are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any
nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great
battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a
final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might
live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can
not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here,
have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will
little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what
they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the
unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It
is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us --
that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which
they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that
these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall
have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people,
for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Source: The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, Vol. VII, edited by Roy P.
Basler.

                    London, Wednesday, September 11, 2002

                                INFOCON News

                            IWS - The Information Warfare Site
                                    http://www.iwar.org.uk

                               IWS Sponsor

IQPC Defence Conference: Information Operations 2002 25-26/09/02

Information Operations 2002: Analysing development in defensive and
offensive information operations, critical infrastructure protection,
information assurance and perception management.

September 25 - 26, 2002. London, UK (Pre-Conference Masterclass:
24th September 2002)

Information Operations 2002 Conference Web Site
http://www.iqpc-defence.com/GB-1826

                              [News Index]

[1] Whitehouse: Remembering 9-11-01
[2] BBC: September 11 remembered
[3] CNN: 9/11: A new day
[4] ABC: A Day of Reflection
[5] The Times: 9/11 One Year On

[6] NYTimes: A Nation Challenged: One Year Later
[7] US Congress: September 11, 2001 -- One Year Anniversary
[8] Pentagon: September 11th Anniversary Message From the Secretary of Defense
[9] USN: Remembering Our Shipmates
[10] The Washington Post: One Year Later

[11] USAF: Celebrating Patriot Day far from home
[12] USAA: September 11, 2002
[13] Yahoo: Living Tribute - We Remember
[14] A Library of World Perspectives Concerning September 11th, 2001
[15] GMU: The September 11 Digital Archive

[16] September 11 Archive
[17] Remember the Skyline

                                News

[1] Whitehouse: Remembering 9-11-01

Remembering Those Who Lost Their
Lives On September 11, 2001

Honoring The Spirit Of Freedom That
Will Live Forever

http://www.whitehouse.gov

[2] BBC: September 11 remembered

Security is tight across the United States

In New York, bagpipers from the police and fire department are marching on
Ground Zero - the site of the World Trade Center towers destroyed in the
attacks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2250134.stm

The United States has begun to mark the first anniversary of the suicide plane
attacks on New York and Washington that left more than 3,000 people dead.

New York:

0800 (1200GMT) Memorial service at Ground Zero
0846 (1246GMT/1346BST) One minute silence
1740 (2140GMT)President Bush lays wreath at Ground Zero

Washington:

0835 (1235GMT) Memorial ceremony at the White House
0930 (1330GMT) Memorial ceremony at the Pentagon
1000 (1400GMT)President Bush speaks

Pennsylvania:

1245 (1645GMT) President Bush lays a wreath at Shanksville, where a plane
crashed after passengers confronted hijackers

Click here for a full guide to the day's events

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2248979.stm

[3] CNN: 9/11: A new day

America awakens this September 11 to grieve, to pray, to remember, to pay
tribute. Ceremonies in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania will resound across
the country and around the world as victims and survivors of last year's terror
attacks are commemorated.

http://www.cnn.com/

[4] ABC: A Day of Reflection

It was one of the darkest days in U.S. history. One year later, Americans - and
people around the world - gather in a show of honor and support to mark Sept.
11.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sept11/

[5] The Times: 9/11 One Year On

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,3541,00.html

[6] NYTimes: A Nation Challenged: One Year Later

http://www.nytimes.com/

[7] US Congress: September 11, 2001 -- One Year Anniversary

In tribute to the victims and heroes of September 11, 2001, Members of the
United States Congress convened in a commemorative joint meeting in New York
City's Federal Hall on Friday, September 6, 2002. Read the remarks by Majority
Leader Tom Daschle and Republican Leader Trent Lott below and visit Senate
History News to learn more about how this event marked the return of Congress to
its first home.

http://www.senate.gov/sept_11_02.html

[8] Pentagon: September 11th Anniversary Message From the Secretary of Defense

Today, Americans everywhere are pausing to remember September 11th of last
year - a day forever etched in our minds and on our hearts.

http://www.pentagon.mil/specials/septanniversary/

[9] USN: Remembering Our Shipmates

http://www.navy.mil/

[10] The Washington Post: One Year Later

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/specials/attacked/remembrance/front.
html

[11] USAF: Celebrating Patriot Day far from home

http://www.af.mil/

[12] USAA: September 11, 2002

http://www.army.mil/

[13] Yahoo: Living Tribute - We Remember

http://remember.yahoo.com/

[14] A Library of World Perspectives Concerning September 11th, 2001

The events of September 11th affected the entire world. Reactions around the
globe have been captured in this archive of television news broadcasts from the
period following the attacks. We invite you to explore the collection and share
your thoughts with other archive users.

http://tvnews3.televisionarchive.org/tvarchive/html/

[15] GMU: The September 11 Digital Archive

http://911.gmu.edu/

[16] September 11 Archive

http://september11.archive.org/

[17] Remember the Skyline

http://www.counterterror.net/

The source material may be copyrighted and all rights are
retained by the original author/publisher.

Copyright 2002, IWS - The Information Warfare Site

Wanja Eric Naef
Webmaster & Principal Researcher
IWS - The Information Warfare Site
<http://www.iwar.org.uk>