Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump

By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the
context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted
on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk
of further incitement of violence.

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that
additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this
very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the
public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built
on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the
open.

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above
our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other
things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their
enforcement.

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in
this case....

< - >

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html