On 10/16/2013 12:57 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
In short: yum install python-cpopen fails because of conflicts with
vdsm-python-cpopen. yum remove vdsm-python-cpopen also removes vdsm.

I think the best solution would be if python-cpopen obsoletes
vdsm-python-cpopen so yum understands it should replace it, but I don't
know what the fedora policy on that is.

why not remove vdsm-python-cpopen, then yum install new vdsm which requires the python-cpopen?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:35:02PM -0400, Yaniv Bronheim wrote:
Any news about it ? sorry to miss that topic
python-cpopen exists in fedora19 official repository, so I don't understand the
problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden" <ewoud+ov...@kohlvanwijngaarden.nl>
To: "Dan Kenigsberg" <dan...@redhat.com>
Cc: "Yaniv Bronheim" <ybron...@redhat.com>, "infra" <infra@ovirt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:57:18 PM
Subject: Re: python-cpopen is needed on jenkins slaves

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 06:32:59PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 07:39:28AM -0400, Yaniv Bronheim wrote:
Hey,

In the last days cpopen packages was released as part of EPEL and fedora
formal repository,
I proposed vdsm patch [1] that uses this package instead of our old
method using that code as part of vdsm,

For it to work, please install it over the jenkins slaves.

I set this package as BuildRequires, so without it make rpm for vdsm
doesn't work.

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20142/

Unfortunately, I've mis-interpreted
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20216/1
as an ACK that all our jenkins slaves have python-cpopen.

Apparently, at least "fedora19" does not.
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_create_rpms/label=fedora19/754/console

There was a problem installing python-cpopen:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/infra/2013-October/004142.html

I didn't specify it before, but removing vdsm-python-cpopen also removes
vdsm so I haven't done that yet.