Hello Scott.

> On 6 Mar 2020, at 22:23, Scott Dickerson <sdick...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Advice ranges from increasing yarn timeouts to decreasing the size of
> packages uploaded to their registry so caching stuff on the proxy and not
> relying on upstream seems like the way to go.
>

> Caching on the proxy won't work since everything is https, unless squid is
> setup to intercept https traffic...

Just to remind that in the past we have set up a Nexus server in oVirt PHX DC
that is capable of caching nodejs artefacts. AFAIK it is not actively used, but
does it makes sense to reconsider this decisions now? I think using Nexus is
more clear that doing SSL MITM on existing squid (although this is also
something doable).

--
Anton Marchukov
Associate Manager - RHV DevOps - Red Hat