(2014年08月19日 19:32), Dimitris Glezos wrote:
Noriko, all,

Hi Dimitris, glad to hear from you!

I want to bring this issue up once again. I am quite worried for a
number of things in this migration project:

- The migration project is not approached in a technical way and the
   preparation is all but thorough.  Most specifically, we have not evaluated
   Pootle, which is by far the most popular and well maintained open-source
   L10n platform. We have not reached out to their team to see if they're
   willing to help us with the move.

If you can reach them and find a possibility that they can support us, it would be best and we can compare with Zanata. However considering all the resource currently Zanata team is providing to FLP, it does not sound realistic to me that Pootle team can provide same amount of time and resource.

- We have not compared Zanata with Transifex on a feature-by-feature basis to
   see if there are key features missing and ask whether the Zanata team wants
   to implement them.

I see this is minor concern with two facts.
One, I have been asking all translators to file a bug as RFE. So far there are a few bugs filed and none of them is refused or closed as not fixed, but those are addressed in a proactive way. Two, We have already been using Zanata with some projects, and I have not heard serious complain.

- We haven't done any research on what this will cost to Fedora. How is this
   going to affect our developers and translators? What are the success
   metrics?

Sorry I am not sure what is referred as cost here.
For translators, we will be able to have ONE interface to deal with all (well, prob most of all) packages and documentations for Fedora without going back and force btw two interfaces. I see this is success.

- We have not really talked to our developers maintaining their software on
   Transifex today to get their feedback on the move. Unless they move
   everything over, and change their integration scripts, this migration will
   fail.

I have added myself in admin list of trans at lists, so that will be able to respond them quicker in the future.

- At which point we'll decide whether to go forward or not?  Finally, we
   haven't even met together as an L10n group with Infrastructure for an IRC
   meeting before going forward.

Thanks for pointing this out!
Probably, at the end of Stage0 (testing period), we should be able to decide. Due to my limited knowledge, I'm not sure what kind of information to give out to Infrastructure team, what topic/issue to discuss with. Could you give me a hand here?

Many thanks

noriko

-d

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Noriko Mizumoto