Dne 24.3.2015 v 08:45 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 08:20:13AM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>
>>    Is the "Request new package" [1] now officially supported?
> Yes it is :)
>
>> Will there be some announcement?
> I have to write a blog post to announce it, get some people to test and then
> in
> a near future we will deprecate the current process in favor of the new one.

great :) thx

>> And will it work faster/automatically or is there still
>>    fallback to some manual action?
> I doubt it will be faster for new package or new branch.

In other words there is still some manual process in background, so we
have to wait for some person to do the stuff. Just want to set my
expectations properly ;-P

> The only place where it will be faster if for new *fedora* branch request if
> the
> requester is a package admin (ie: has approveacls).
>
>>    And I have one additional RFE. Since there is referred bugzilla ticket, I
>>    believe that you should be able to get the "package name" and "summary"
>>    from that ticket summary. This would save me from copy-pasting.
> I don't think we'll do this for a couple of reasons:
> - subject lines regularly have errors, so this is one last place where people
>   can adjust

Or make new mistakes, depends on point of view ;)

> - the idea is not to put in pkgdb code that is bugzilla-specific especially
>   since we want to move package review off bugzilla.

I am still sad about the unnecessary duplication of all the information :/

I believe that the only information you need to create the package is
the BZ ticket or the package name (depends which way you take) and
branches. The rest should be removed, since you can obtain the
information from the package. I understand there is some while between
the package is build and the information is refreshed etc, but I would
prefer to miss the information in pkgdb for some while then to copy
paste it around again and again.

>>    [1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/request/package/
> As usual, thanks for all your testing :)

YAW

Vít