So I got to know on the flock that fedmsg is going to be replaced?

Anyway, it seems that there is an idea to create schemas for the messages
and distribute them in packages? And those python packages need to be
present on producer as well as consumer?
> JSON schemas

> Message bodies are JSON objects, that adhere to a schema. Message schemas
live in their own Python package, so they can be installed on the producer
and on the consumer.

Could we instead just send the message schemas together with the message
content always?

I would like to be able to parse any message I receive without some
additional packages installed. If I am about to start listening to a new
message type, I don't want to spend time to be looking up what i should
install to make it work. It should just work. Requiring to have some
packages with schemas installed on consumer and having to maintain them by
the producer does not seem that great idea. Mainly because one of the
raising requirements for fedmsg was that it should be made a generic
messaging framework easily usable outside of Fedora Infrastructure. We
should make it easy for anyone outside to be able to listen and understand
our messages so that they can react to them. Needing to have some python
packages installed (how are they going to be distributed PyPI + fedora ?)
seems to be just an unnecessary hassle. So can we send a schema with each
message as documentation and validation of the message itself?

a) it will make our life easier

b) it will allow people outside of Fedora (that e.g. also don't tend to use
python) to consume our messages easily

c) what if I am doing a ruby app, not python app, do I need then provide
ruby schema as well as python schema? What if a consumer is a ruby app? We
should only need to write a consumer and producer parts in different
languages. The message schemes should not be bound to a particular
language, otherwise we are just adding us more work when somebody wants to
use the messaging system in another language than python.

clime