Dne 01. 10. 19 v 9:53 Peter Robinson napsal(a):
Warrantee generally doesn't cover moves but the DC shipping company
should have insurance to cover breakages they cause as mistakes
happen.

It is hard to claim something if the package does not have any visible damage. And I guess you will not put accellerometer to every package. It does not need to be fault of the shipping company. E.g. it happens very often for rotating disk, that it can work for years. It operate fine as long as it is rotating, but the bearing become dry and once you stop them, the motor does not have enough power to start the rotation again. Or - just recently - I had hands on computer which has broken the thing which hold cooler on CPU. Once I get the computer off the rack and start moving with it, cooler started to move freely in the case. Previously this was not detected as the cooler just sit on CPU (without any press) and the CPU did not overheated because of lot of fans in case and cool air in data center.

So this are the cases which may - and in this scale will - happen.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys