> The plug-in links in Contribute on live are already ready,

Ok, yes, good idea.  For Contribute, I can just make the few changes using
the editor, and not transfer the whole content.

> - - "Review and Verify Existing Bug Reports" (and the link in the text)
> should link to 'Bug Management' in the Dev section, not to 'Report Bugs'.

Hhmmm.....  This content came originally from the old faq.  But I see what
you mean.  I'll change it.

> - - The 'Translations' section title should link to the translations page.

Yes, I changed that, because there are 2 links in the Translations
section -- 1 for translating the website, and 1 for translating the program.
What about arranging it like the Bugs section just above -- with 2 bullets?
Then each bullet title/heading could be a link?

> - - The first sentence 'Working on Inkscape's code base requires
> knowledge of C++ and Gtk development.' could maybe better be placed
> inside the next sentence ('If you're a coder/programmer and have some
> knowledge of C++ and / or Gtk development...") - this sounds less
> technical and friendlier for a first sentence ;)

Yes, that sounds much better.  I'll change.

> - - Would it make sense to order the sections on that page by difficulty?
> - - from easy to hard:

It's currently arranged from easy to hard.  But I thought it made more sense
to arrange it from most important to less important (or greatest need, to
lesser need -- since the page is more or less about asking for help).
That's basically how I arranged Contribute page.  Although it's quite
possible that I don't have a clear understanding.

> Documentation (would also fit well into 'Contribute', I think, as no
> coding or knowledge of internal program structure is needed)

I gave that a good deal of thought, and almost sent a message about it.  I
think it depends on what kind of documentation, as to how much knowledge of
coding/programming is needed to write it.  For example, I could write a
tutorial about basic or even intermediate tools/features.  But if called on
to write a section of the manual about a new tool, for example, or a wiki
article, I would not be able to do that.  I would need to understand more
how the tool or program actually works.  This is another case where such a
fine line divides contributing and developing.  But until there actually is
a guide, for people like me, mostly only developers know how to write
official documentation anyway.

Yes, I'll put the formatting back to left justified.  Although I think that
makes it so much harder to read, and probably deters a lot of people from
reading any of it (the all left justified text).  I really would like to
see, or at least discuss doing this in the near future, if possible.

Thanks for looking it over, Maren  :-)

All best,
brynn