On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 10:47 -0700, brynn wrote:
> The site seems offline, at this moment.  I get an "Unable to Connect"
> page from
> Firefox, but no error codes.  Earlier today I was getting server
> errors when
> trying to view images in the gallery.  I didn't report here, because
> the error
> message says that a report is generated.  So I assumed Martin was
> knowing about
> it already.

I did. I took the website down so I could do a post-mortem.

 * Server restart after power
 * Database [postgresql on localhost] didn't quite come back all the
way.
 * Logs fills filled with error messages
 * Disk full pretty quick.

What I'm surprised by was how memcached kept the site sort of going
with all these issues.

> (Perhaps it's my americanized consumerism, but even for free hosting,
> this is
> darn poor service which the project has been receiving lately.  In my
> opinion,
> it's outrageous.  I would have bailed long ago.  My opinion.)

These services are really quite expensive. This is because our website
gets a LOT of hits.

I understand the feeling that we ort to bail for something else, but to
be honest we'd either be chaffing under less control or way more cost.

Not that we should dismiss it because of costs of course. But it'd be a
few thousand dollars a month and we should consider that carefully.

Martin,