Hi,

for now I've extended the Python modules for extensions, and linked to
it from a few pages to make it easier to find, but I'd be interested in
documenting the api too.

As for the generator Doxygen might be an option. I haven't used it
extensively, but it supports python (with traditional docstring
structure, or its own "##" syntax and special commands). It might be
easier to integrating into the build process since Inkscape uses Doxygen
already.

matyilona