Hi Friends,
This is something which has never been discussed. But recently we've had some images being reported by a regular member, which moderators have approved, and they remain in the gallery. In one case they reported a member.

Should we contact a member who reports an image, thank them for helping, and explain our decision, why we decided not to delete the image?

In this particular case, I'm thinking we may need to contact him or her, just to try and prevent more unnecessary reports. But in general, I wonder if we should take the time to explain our motivation, since the member is taking the time to help us.

(Hah, for these recent reports, maybe I should try to recruit him or her as a moderator....?)

Thanks for any comments  :-)
brynn