Hi Friends,
As a result of my comment and concern about a long "warning" message which was meant to remind bug reporters about what kind of info needs to be included in the bug report,

       details here:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1774404

and also, it was the first time I realized that Help menu > Report a Bug goes directly to the Report Bugs page of the website (https://inkscape.org/en/contribute/report-bugs/)

which in it's current state does not really perform as that kind of a function (it's more informational than instructional), Patrick and I have overhauled that page. We wanted to put the proposed change to the website team, before setting it live.

Here's the proposed new page (of course the red text at the top would be removed before going "live"):

https://inkscape.org/en/report-bugs-2-edit/

Purposely, the link to LP is at the bottom, to force users to at least skim through the bolded requirements before starting the new report.

       Any comments, suggestions, etc. are welcomed.

Thanks,
brynn
(and Patrick)

PS - Just realized we probably should put some kind of inspirational "thank you" sentence at the bottom. "Thank you and congratulations for contributing to Inkscape" or something??