On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Victor Westmann wrote:

> But I was just wondering.. is there a more efficient way  you guys translate
> your po files for Inkscape project? Is there a way you guys use translation
> memory? Is there a way we can get past translations from past versions of
> Inkscape and reuse them in the current translation?

Victor,

Gettext tools already do that whenever you run intlttool-update
'LANG'. They look for similar messages in English, insert their
translations, and then mark such entries as fuzzy.

However in my experience (15 years, for what it's worth) there's
little help in all that. You do get occasional help from TM, but
mostly you have to heavily edit the outcome. Not worth the bother.

Alex