----- Original Message ----- From: "Guohong Hu"

How to make the compiler to recognize the header file paths?

For me with MSVC++ 7.0, running vsvars32.bat takes care of everything.

It's the INCLUDE environment variable that tells the compiler where to find the headers. You might need to set that environment variable manually if vsvars32.bat (or your equivalent version of that batch file) is not doing the job.

The INCLUDE environment variable is set as follows for me:

C:\>set INCLUDE
INCLUDE=C:\vsnet\VC7\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;C:\vsnet\VC7\INCLUDE;C:\vsnet\VC7\PlatformSDK\include\prerelease;C:\vsnet\VC7\PlatformSDK\include;C:\vsnet\FrameworkSDK\include;

and that enables all of the necessary headers (including sys/types.h and windows.h) to be found. If you already have all of the necessary header files, then it should just be a matter of setting the INCLUDE environment variable accordingly.

Cheers,
Rob