This reads like perl couldn't decide were to build the class files.
Try specifying a DIRECTORY directive. It could be a permissions
problem, but we'd need more information to really say. This could be
compounded by paths with spaces in them, but i'm not sure. Try
specifying a directory with no spaces in the path and see what you
get.

http://search.cpan.org/~ingy/Inline-0.44/Inline.pod#The_Inline_DIRECTORY