----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew DeFaria"

Is it possible to build a 32 bit perl on a 64 bit machine and tell it to install into /usr/local/bin? I tried that but ended up with a 64 bit executable nonetheless (it's been a long time since I've built a perl...).

On 64-bit MS Windows we can have both 32-bit and 64-bit perls, but I don't know if Windows is a special case in this regard.

(This is probably not the best place to ask about this, though I would think there are people here who could provide a much better answer than I just did :-)

If it is possible, then I think you're going to need to use a different compiler (ie 32-bit) than the one you tried.

Cheers,
Rob