I'm toying with the idea of writing a new Image::Magick wrapper that,
you know, actually compiles on systems like mine.  Here's my question,
and this is really more a module configuration question than strictly an
Inline question, but: given that the LIB and INCLUDE directories could
be essentially anywhere and have to be found at install time, how do I
tell Inline *at install time* what values to use for LIB and INCLUDE?

I know how to find these directories at install time - the existing
PerlMagick does that already - although it does it wrong for the latest
version of ImageMagick, ugh - and I know how to tell Inline where
directories are for its compilation step, but I don't actually see how
to combine these two, so that the invocation of Inline::C in the module
would reflect the paths found at install time.

Any ideas would be welcome, even just pointers to something on CPAN that
does this already.  Thanks!

Michael