Sun Oct 07 11:39:06 2012: Request 80026 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by JCLEMENTS
       Queue: Inline
     Subject: LIB is being in correctly quoted when using more than one lib path
   Broken in: 0.48, 0.48_01, 0.48_02, 0.49, 0.49_01, 0.49_02, 0.50, 0.50_01,
0.50_02
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: jcleme...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=80026 >

On Sat Oct 06 22:47:54 2012, SISYPHUS wrote:

> I think I've worked out what ought to be done.
> It's really quite idiotic to expect Inline (on a File System that
> supports white space in directory names) to know just what is intended
> by '-I/foo -I/bar'.
> On the face of it, there's nothing to tell us whether that second '-I'
> is intended as a switch, or whether it's part of the directory name !!
>
> All we could really do is test:
> -d '/foo -I/bar';
>
> If that returns "false" then we assume that '-I/foo -I/bar' was what was
> meant.
> But if the test returned "true" then it probably meant '"-I/foo -I/bar"'
> ... but I think I'll just have Inline die with an appropriate error
> message (and serves the dickhead right for creating a directory named
> '/foo -I/').
>
> Of course, this needs to be extended to cater for any number of '-I'
> occurrences.
> For something like '-I/foo -I/bar -I/baz -I/fu -I/ba' I'd have Inline
> die if any of '/foo -I/', '/bar -I/', '/baz -I/' or '/fu -I/'
> directories exist. Otherwise, assume that all of the spaces are
> delimiters (which would always *normally* be the case, anyway).
>
> It's just a matter of modifying quote_space() appropriately, and
> including some tests to check that I've got it right (and to detect any
> future breakage that might occur).
>
> Hopefully I can get this completed (culminating in the release of 0.51)
> over the coming week.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

That sounds like a more elegant solution than anything I could come up
with. Thanks for getting this fixed so quickly.

Regards,

J.