for persisting perl objects, there is a very fine module written by David
Sharnoff:

        http://search.cpan.org/~muir/OOPS-0.2005/

I would imagine that for persisting Java objects, you would want to use a java
solution (JDO, Hibernate, etc).

Alternatively, you could translate them to perl objects and then persist the
perl, but that sounds like a lot more work.

/r