-----Original Message----- From: Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org> wrote:

Hi all,

on https://github.com/PerlGameDev/SDL_Manual/issues/15 , we are running into a
problem with Inline::C and Inline that affects a program written for
SDL_Manual. It happens with Ubuntu 12.10 x86-64 on perl-5.14.x . I could find previous mentions of this problem on Google, but no solution as far as I could
see.

Can anyone help with it?

just a correction - this is on i386 (32-bit) - not on x86-64 (64-bit).

I don't see anything there that really suggests that the problem has anything to do with Inline::C. By the same token I don't see anything there that conclusively indicates that it's not the fault of Inline:: C :-)

One thing you could try is recompiling the script with the config option BUILD_NOISY=>1, and keep an eye out for any compiler warnings that might help pinpoint the problem.

Googling for "*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/perl: free(): invalid pointer" turns up a few hits - none of which helped me understand what might be happening.

Cheers,
Rob