my $prereq_pm = {
   Data::Dumper => 2.09,
   Digest::MD5 => 2.09,
   Parse::RecDescent => 1.80,
   File::Spec => 0.8,
   Test::Warn => $twv,
};
delete $prereq_pm->{'Test::Warn'} if $] <= 5.007;

###########################

But now, for the first time, I'm seeing test failures on 5.16.3 because Test::Warn is not getting loaded. Furthermore, these failing reports specify *no* prerequisites:

[quote]
------------------------------
PREREQUISITES
------------------------------

Prerequisite modules loaded:

   No requirements found

------------------------------
[/quote]

That's rubbish - Parse::RecDescent is *always* a pre-requisite.
I surmise that it must be this revised code that is causing this error to arise .... though I'm buggered if I can see how that could be.

To date this has happened in only 2 cases - both 5.16.3, from different testers, different systems:
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/9f275d62-7864-1014-ad6f-831c93e8ee67
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/8bdf6702-bdd8-11e3-8a89-eea0f1eb6092

I don't have 5.16.3 installed. Any insights into what's going awry ?
Otherwise I'll just revert it to the old code (whose only problems were its long-windedness and lack of sophistication).

Of those 2 failing reports, the first comes from Christian Walde.
He also tested 0.54 a few days ago with what looks to me to be the very same smoker. There were no problems then as regards getting the prereqs set correctly:

[quote]
PREREQUISITES

Prerequisite modules loaded:

requires: