-----Original Message----- From: Jason McCarver via RT

It looks like a line of the patch was applied to the wrong location in Inline.pm.

Sorry 'bout that.
Fixing it takes care of the problem.

Hopefully we're getting close! :)

I think so.

One thing I have noticed is that, for the distro we're looking at, if the Foo module loads (uses) Foo::Bar and Foo::Bar::Baz, then the Foo.inl target never gets met. This results in Inline compiling the C code for each of 'make', 'make test' and 'make install'.
Just insert a:

use Foo::Bar;
use Foo::Bar::Baz;

in Foo.pm, and rebuild - you should see what I mean.

Not sure why Foo.inl never appears under that scenario ... haven't had time to even think about it. It doesn't matter greatly because 'make install' still installs exactly what we want it to install - and no future compilation occurs.

Do you want to do anything about that aspect ?
I'm not greatly fussed - if you don't want to do anything about it, just let me know and I'll push out a new devel release (0.55_01) that includes the patches to Inline.pm and MakeMaker.pm that you've already provided. (It can always be addressed at a later stage.) But if you do want to do something about that (and presently have the time) then I'll wait for the additional patch before I release 0.55_01.

Thanks for the work you've done !!

Cheers,
Rob