Hi Scott,

wouldn't such accelerators in effect implement a full TCP stack (on the tcp
end)? I doubt that they "tunnel" TCP encapsulated data (or any arbitraty tcp /
ip header bits) from site to site, but terminate the TCP session locally,
unpack the data, send it via their proprietary transport protocol over, and
then set up a different tcp session (albeit which looks at casual inspection
identical, as the 4-tuple would be the same) there...

Depending on the ID-Reuse field use, I think these bits would need to be
consumed also locally (for the tcp session terminating with those boxes), so
that you'd deal with a legacy tcp stack, in effect.

Regards,

Richard Scheffenegger