I share your concern about the (or the lack of real) privacy considerations.
I know the IETF is still dominated by people from a country where
privacy is not a fundamental right so can be considered as a side question.
BTW I question if some authors (one lives in the same city than me so
should share my concerns?) intimately believe this whole stuff should
be simply forbidden to preserve the privacy but they don't follow the
right way.

To summarize my position:
 1- I believe this (the devices described in the document) infringes
  my rights as an European citizen (cf European Human Rights) but
  I am not a lawyer so it has to be tested in a court
 2- one is not allow to organize public meetings to discuss how to
  perform clearly illegal actions, in particular from a standardization
  body
 3- as far as I know the legal umbrella of the IETF is the Internet
  Society so I propose suggest if no other way to solve the legal
  issue to sue the Internet Society at the next meeting in Paris in a
  French court on the 1 and 2 basis (e.g., to pay a court bailiff to
  officially see 2...)

Regards

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr