On 6/5/2014 5:48 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
I share those concerns. And adopting this without any consideration
of BCP188 would fly in the face of a very recent, very thoroughly
discussed, IETF consensus.

That BCP thankfully includes zero RFC2119 language except the single word "should" (not capitalized) in the abstract, thus every new document is trivially compliant with its recommendations.

(I really wish the IETF community cared as much about technical correctness and protocol robustness as they did about issuing that IMO largely political statement, which "flies in the face" of 40+ years of using globally-assigned, globally-unique IP addresses as endpoint identifiers as the basis of the Internet architecture).

Joe