Lucy,

Good point. I have posted a new version of the draft that omits the offending
paragraph.

I tried to wordsmith the offending paragraph so that it would say what I meant.
However, when I did that, it became redundant with the preceding paragraph.

The final sentence in Section 2.1 encourages operators to evaluate the risks in
their network and configure the GRE ingress appropriately. So, if they need the
Checksum Present field to be set to one, they can configure that behavior.

                                                                           Ron