De : Povl H. Pedersen [mailto:p...@my.terminal.dk]
Envoyé : mercredi 25 avril 2018 13:16
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed IMT/OLN
Cc : int-a...@ietfa.amsl.com
Objet : Re: [Int-area] WG adoption call: Availability of Information in
Criminal Investigations Involving Large-Scale IP Address Sharing Technologies

I would keep full IP address + port info in my firewall log. Separate from the
webserver log. This to help the webguys not abusing collected data.
Having talked to the webguys, they use the logfiles in daily operations, and
they see them as necesary to provide continous delivery of the services to the
end user.That is another obligation we have.
Our legal department actually suggested we keep logs for 5 years, as some data
must be kept that long.

The big privacy issue here is more about abuse and losing the data (move them
away from the internet facing server within 3 days would be a good
recommendation). This must be controlled by internal company rules. Not this
RFC that says we must cripple data after 3 days. And 3 days is a stupid limit
if there is a longer weekened/holidays etc. Easter is an example, Thursday to
monday are non-working days. That is 5 days + the extra. So the 3 days should
be 6 days without even accounting for holidays.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:22 AM,