On Sun, 29 Jul 2018, Joe Touch wrote:

You’re engaging in a game of escalation - whatever layer you add fragmentation will end up being a layer that a vendor puts a device that does DPI that fails.

Yes, but I can filter those UDP packets by looking in the UDP header, that's all the DPI I need in that box. It doesn't need to understand the upper-protocol level fragmentation, because I do not require it to understand that protocol at all. I just need for it to understand that it's UDP and look at the UDP port number.

The biggest mistake of TCP and UDP combined with IP level fragmentation is that the port information isn't available in every packet.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se