Tom,

> How is this story going to be different for IPv6? How do we ensure that
> non-conformant implementation for IPv4 isn't just carried over so that
> fragmentation, alternative protocols, and extension headers are viable on the
> IPv6 Internet?

I don’t think the IPv4 implementations are non-conformant.
(With regards to the implications of A+P on the IPv4 architecture).

For IPv6 one would fear that the same pressures that has led to IPv4
ossification applies.
Well, what can we do? Apart from crypto, ensure that popular applications use
the features, so they cannot be shut down?

Cheers,
Ole