sensor networks, IoT, etc, merging the home network and small office
network use-cases). It would make the taxonomy a more useful tool for
assessing the limited domain requirements, and is better adjusted to how
demands for (or requirements/expectations on) these limited domains
arise in the real world. That could serve as a basis for elaboration of
section 7.

More broadly, I share Tom's concerns that this justifies using the IETF
as a platform for standardising intRAnets, rather than an intERnet. But

On 2018-09-12 22:53, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I'd go a bit further - I think we need to standardize the mechanisms
> for identifying and defining the boundary, so that what happens inside
> can be effectively contained. That helps everybody.

This makes sense, and could perhaps even help constructively with some
issues (such as privacy/security issues discussed in SUIT) that arise
when specific limitations on node privacy or security as described
RFC6973 or RFC8280 aren't relevant, because no human is technically
impacted.

best regards,

Amelia

--
Amelia Andersdotter
Technical Consultant, Digital Programme

ARTICLE19
www.article19.org

PGP: 3D5D B6CA B852 B988 055A 6A6F FEF1 C294 B4E8 0B55