Subject:        New Version Notification for
draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt
Date:   Tue, 23 Oct 2018 13:16:29 -0700
From:   internet-dra...@ietf.org
To: Vladimir Olteanu <vladimir.olte...@cs.pub.ro>, Dragos Niculescu <dragos.nicule...@cs.pub.ro>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision: 05
Title: SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date: 2018-10-23
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 29
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-05

Abstract:
The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server. Under the
latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
the server.

This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
0-RTT authentication.

The IETF Secretariat