The authors of https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zhu-intarea-gma-03.txt would
like to use IP protocol 114 as it is described as “Any 0-hop protocol” on the
IANA page[1]. Alas, on the IANA page, there is no reference to this “Any 0-hop
protocol”.

Obviously, we all understand that this must be a protocol using hop limit = 0
(or TTL=0 for the legacy protocol).

When there is no reference for a IANA number, this means that this number was
assigned _before_ IANA, possibly by J. Postel and nobody at IANA and in the
IESG know more. Hence, my questions to the community:

Q1) does anyone know about a more formal reference / specification for this
protocol 114

Q2) does anyone know about a RFC or a protocol using this protocol 114 ?

Please note that I do not ask for comments/reviews on the draft itself (they
are welcome though on the int-area@ietf.org<mailto:int-area@ietf.org> mailing
list even if this is not a WG document). And it is also mostly obvious that
only one transport layer can exist on the top of this protocol.

Regards,

-éric (INT AD)

[1] https://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers/protocol-numbers.xhtml