Thanks Eric, that’s helpful.

The agenda slot is:

Tuesday, March 28, 2023
17:00-18:00 Tuesday Afternoon Session IV

The agenda item and related drafts are as shown below.

4. Service aware network (SAN) framework and data plane solutions  - Daniel
Huang

draft-huang-intarea-san-framework-00

draft-ma-intarea-identification-header-of-san-00

draft-ma-intarea-encapsulation-of-san-header-00

draft-zhou-intarea-aware-route-san-database-00

draft-zhou-intarea-computing-segment-san-01

    20 mins

The work certainly seems related, but a quick reading suggests that the
approach chosen is to mark the traffic according to the service and then route
according to that marker. This seems (to me) to be closer to APNET proposals
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/apn/about/) where a charter is currently being
developed and discussed with the IESG.

I would certainly encourage the authors with their work, but also I would
invite them to try to contribute to existing work efforts and not create new
ones where there is overlap.

Cheers,

Adrian