Poking around the Linux kernel source, my reading of net/ipv6/icmp.c's
icmpv6_rcv() is that it checks the type byte before dispatching to
icmpv6_echo_reply(), and inside icmpv6_echo_reply() I'm not seeing any
checking of the code byte, so I'd assume (without testing) that it
just constructs a normal echo reply.  I also suspect that it just
copies the incoming code value into the reply.

The only differentiation I see being made is between echo request
(4443) and extended echo request (8335).

Should be easy enough to test (after I get a few other things done).