De : Tommy Pauly <tpa...@apple.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 26 juillet 2023 09:17
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed INNOV/NET <mohamed.boucad...@orange.com>
Cc : Marc Blanchet <marc.blanc...@viagenie.ca>; int-area@ietf.org;
mas...@ietf.org
Objet : Re: [Int-area] [Masque] draft-pauly-intarea-proxy-config-pvd

Indeed, I don’t think 8801 is currently deployed by the carriers, but the
target of this document is to have a standard, cross-network way to bootstrap
the discovery of these proxies.

Using IPv6 RAs and related information to advertise proxies would allow 3GPP to
provide this as a clean discovery option, and one that will work on any network
attachment as well. This makes the incentive for clients to adopt higher since
it will work across all networks.

Tommy

On Jul 26, 2023, at 7:48 AM,