Hi Donald,

I think the key word is "sequence" -- we do not normally expect the length of a
sequence to non-integer. A sequence of one chicken then another chicken then
half a chicken has a length of three, not two and a half.

However, I agree that in this case the context is pretty clear. The subsequent
examples also quoted include half octets which I think helps. Holding for
document update seems like a good solution.

Joe