I read draft-fenner-intarea-extended-icmp-hostid-02 and think it is a very
useful idea.

I'm thinking about it also from the ability to provide additional
abstraction information that could be useful to annotate a node with.

For example, in a Cloud context, knowing the region associated with a
router is useful and the Host Identification Object might allow providing
appropriate abstractions.

Would it be of interest to consider using one of the reserved flags in the
Ctype of the Node Identification Object to allow additional information?

I'm thinking of something where there might be the ability to allocate with
a document or an organization field and then different meanings allocated
there.

I realize that this might be seen as a significant expansion of the Host
Identification Object and that the goal is for structured data.

Regards,
Alia