On 2010/09/13 11:42 (GMT) Nasa composed:

> This isn't a laptop.  It's a 7" monitor
> (http://www.lilliput.cn/EBY701-NP.html),
> that I am using in my carpc.  I am presently try this with the IVI
> version of meego (with it's own issues).  Lilliput does provided drivers
> for Windows, but nothing directly for Linux.  I have also verified that the
> monitor doesn't provide EDID data as the file size (I found were it's dump
> to,
> just can't recall right now) was 0.  Talking to Lilliput themselves hasn't
> been very helpful (I don't speak a 2nd language, and neither did the rep I
> tried to talk too).

Anything that is neither a standard format (4:3, 16:10 or 16:9) nor provides
valid EDID is just plain broken. I'd return it. If it's too late for free
return, maybe the vendor would allow exchange. If not, then try warranty
repair. Maybe a Lilliput support manager can authorize an attempt to get it
to output valid EDID either with a firmware update or otherwise.

Again, what about VESA or FBDEV drivers? No help?

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/