On 2010/12/16 9:59, Zhenyu Wang wrote:
On 2010.12.15 10:05:01 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:14:53 +0800, Zhenyu Wang<zhen...@linux.intel.com>  wrote:

Chris, just notice you removed pipe control notify entirely on -next,
that seems wrong to me. In Ironlake time, we've seen interrupt stall issue
with user interrupt, and be warned user interrupt is deprecated, so we moved
on to use pipe control notify, although there's a workaround later covered
that's required on Ironlake. But it's stable finally. And for sandybridge,
there's no such workaround needed.

The answer to this is to make sure that such details are kept in the
code comments, especially if such information is not readily available
in the documentation.

yeah, also our spec might not have been updated as well...I'll send the BUN
doc for that to you.

I guess what Chris really want is to leave some comments in the code for such workaround - BUN id isn't very useful to most people anyway. ;)