Daniel,

ok, updated intel-gpu-tools and dumped the various config.
Unfortunately, X froze when I tried the to switch to pipe C (--crtc 2). I have three dumps with the various config:

http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_inteldie << that's with i915.die=1

http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_i915_loaded_notC_inX << that's with i915 loaded, within X, and not switched to pipe C (had restarted X after the freeze mentionned above)

http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_i915_loaded_from_fb << that with i915 loaded, switch to pipe C (probably not working) and done in a console (the freeze didn't affect the keyboard so I was able to switch VT). Probably not very useful.

Hope that helps,
Thanks,
Francois