On 1/31/2018 3:08 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Quoting Sagar Arun Kamble (2018-01-31 06:14:38)
On some systems like skl-gvtdvm, SSE4.1 movntdqa might not be available.
movntdqa is needed for efficient capture of the logs from uncached GuC
log buffer. GuC init was tied with this support and other setup needed
for interrupt based GuC log capture like relay channel/file support and
uncached mapping support. With this patch, GuC init is now unblocked from
lack of this support.
SSE and relay support init/fini is now being done by new functions
intel_guc_log_init|fini_runtime() which makes relay functions static.
We have introduced two states "supported" and "enabled". Supported is set
when we have SSE4.1 support and have relay, GuC log, WC mapping available.
Enabled is set when support is present and user has requested logging
through i915_modparams.guc_log_level.
While at this change, fixed unwind order in intel_uc_fini_misc.
Downside would appear to be the loss of feedback in i915.guc_log_level
when it fail?
This patch decouples the guc_log_level from only interrupt based log support. We can continue to use/know guc_log_level to send the verbosity to GuC still. Have to rely only on static dumps like i915_guc_log_dump or error_uc->guc_log wherever runtime logging is off.
  Otherwise, looks tidy enough.
-Chris

--
Thanks,