Quoting Ville Syrjala (2018-02-02 20:42:52)
> From: Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrj...@linux.intel.com>
>
> SKL reintroduced plane scaling once more. Let's try to make use of it.
>
> The one annoying caveat is that you can't do colorkeying and scaling at
> the same time :(  For now we'll leave the choice of colorkey vs.
> scaling to the user via that XV_ALWAYS_ON_TOP attribute.

Fair enough, that attribute is fairly magic to force the plane to act as
an overlay plane and keep X's grubby hands off. Having it autoscale
would be fun :)

> One possible idea for improving the situation would be to add support
> for autopaint colorkey, and automatically disable the colorkey whenever
> the window is not obscured by anything and autopaint colorkey is enabled.

Ok, the way you've written it, it should allow us to extend support as
desired. Lgtm, thanks.
-Chris