On 06/09/2018 08:00, Chris Wilson wrote:
Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2018-09-05 15:25:44)
From: Lionel Landwerlin <lionel.g.landwer...@intel.com>

Verifies that the kernel programs slices correctly based by reading
the value of PWR_CLK_STATE register or MI_SET_PREDICATE on platforms
before Cannonlake.

v2: Add subslice tests (Lionel)
     Use MI_SET_PREDICATE for further verification when available (Lionel)

v3: Rename to gem_ctx_rpcs (Lionel)

v4: Update kernel API (Lionel)
     Add 0 value test (Lionel)
     Exercise invalid values (Lionel)

v5: Add perf tests (Lionel)

v6: Add new sysfs entry tests (Lionel)

v7: Test rsvd fields
     Update for kernel series changes

v8: Drop test_no_sseu_support() test (Kelvin)
     Drop drm_intel_*() apis (Chris)

v9: by Chris:
     Drop all do_ioctl/do_ioctl_err()
     Use gem_context_[gs]et_param()
     Use gem_read() instead of mapping memory
     by Lionel:
     Test dynamic sseu on/off more

Tvrtko Ursulin:

v10:
  * Various style tweaks and refactorings.
  * New test coverage.

I didn't notice any testing of:
  - param->size

It exists in test_invalid_args.

  - feeding garbage into param->value user pointer (always cleared before
    use, perhaps just poison instead), along with abusive pointers.

Also in test_invalid_args - but only the null pointer. I can add an unmapped or read-only one.

    E.g., how does the code fare if we pass in an unfaulted GGTT mmap?

Would not fare well. :I It would be best to be able to reject them but how? We'll hit the same problem in future other patches so to support this, I think we need to refactor

Regards,

Tvrtko