On 13/11/2018 23:22, Matt Roper wrote:
It's worth noting that we don't seem to be able to test this feature
with CRC's.  Originally we wanted to draw a color into a plane's FB
(with Cairo) and then compare the CRC to turning off all planes and just
setting the CRTC background to the same color.  However the precision
and rounding of the color components causes the CRC's to come out
differently, even though the end result is visually identical.  So at
the moment this test is mainly useful for visual inspection in
interactive mode.
Hey Matt,
Out of curiosity, are the CRCs different only when with 16bpc? Or with 8bpc too?

Thanks,

-
Lionel