On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 18:13:04 +0200, Mika Kuoppala <mika.kuopp...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

[snip]

+
+       /*
+        * 2c: Program Coarse Power Gating Policies.
+        *
+        * Bspec's guidance is to use 25us (really 25 * 1280ns) here. What we
+        * use instead is a more conservative estimate for the maximum time
+        * it takes us to service a CS interrupt and submit a new ELSP - that
+        * is the time which the GPU is idle waiting for the CPU to select the
+        * next request to execute. If the idle hysteresis is less than that
+        * interrupt service latency, the hardware will automatically gate
+        * the power well and we will then incur the wake up cost on top of
+        * the service latency. A similar guide from intel_pstate is that we
+        * do not want the enable hysteresis to less than the wakeup latency.
+        * igt/gem_exec_nop/sequential provides a rough estimate for the
+        * service latency, and puts it around 10us for Broadwell (and other
+        * big core) and around 40us for Broxton (and other low power cores).
+        * [Note that for legacy ringbuffer submission, this is less than 1us!]
+        * However, the wakeup latency on Broxton is closer to 100us. To be
+        * conservative, we have to factor in a context switch on top (due
+        * to ksoftirqd).

Do we want to copy legacy comments to Gen11 specific function ?