Quoting Andi Shyti (2020-02-08 16:51:39)
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2020 at 04:26:18PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Quoting Andi Shyti (2020-02-08 12:27:59)
> > > From: Andi Shyti <andi.sh...@intel.com>
> > >
> > > The GT has its own properties and in sysfs they should be grouped
> > > in the 'gt/' directory.
> > >
> > > Create the 'gt/' directory in sysfs and move the power management
> > > related files.
> >
> > As shown by BAT, we have a conundrum; do we have to preserve the old
> > names forevermore? Or do we just userspace that they have to adapt?
>
> With this, I guess you are suggesting to change igt accordingly,
> because I'm pretty sure this interface is subject to change,
> sooner or later.

Right; but what about powertop? And the bajillion wikis?

Just feels clumsy, so I'd like to spend a moment to see if we can think
of any options before dropping them. No matter how silly, if userspace
breaks, it's a regression :(

Maybe we could do something like keep the old ones and put a deprecation
warning in?
-Chris