On 4/20/22 12:13 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 08:04:31AM +0000, Wang, Zhi A wrote:
>> Hi folks:
>>
>> Here is the PR of gvt-next.
>>
>> Mostly it includes the patch bundle of GVT-g re-factor patches for adapting
>> the GVT-g with the
>> new MDEV interfaces:
>>
>> - Separating the MMIO table from GVT-g. (Zhi)
>> - GVT-g re-factor. (Christoph)
>> - GVT-g mdev API cleanup. (Jason)
>> - GVT-g trace/makefile cleanup. (Jani)
>>
>> Thanks so much for making this happen.
>>
>> This PR has been tested as following and no problem shows up:
>>
>> $dim update-branches
>> $dim apply-pull drm-intel-next < this_email.eml
>>
>> The following changes since commit b39d2c6202426b560641e5800c5523851b5db586:
>>
>>   drm/i915/fbc: Call intel_fbc_activate() directly from frontbuffer flush
>> (2022-04-13 17:20:49 +0300)
>
> ??
>
> Why did you rebase this again? It needs to be on a rc release tag as
> you had in your github, not whatever this is.

Hi Jason:

Here is what I understand, the pull going to the drm-intel-next needs to be
based on drm-intel-next from the branch gvt-next. The pull going to the VFIO
needs to be based on -rc, the topic/for-christoph brnach. So I did a merge from
topic/for-christoph to my gvt-next branch and sent this pull, so that our QA
can test these bundle on the gvt-staging branch.

Sorry this is way too complicated to me. Let me prepare the new pull as what
you ask. Shall I send the exact same pull to i915 and VFIO ?

Thanks,
Zhi.